Promoting the GAP

August 21, 2008
Today was a fun and productive work day for me. My team at work put in long (approximately one year) and patient hours to assist our community in the formation of a tobacco-free park where children play. This past Spring, the Yuba City Council passed a local policy creating the new Gauche Aquatic Park (GAP) be 100% tobacco-free. Who knew policy work was in my future 10 years ago, however as I continue to work as a Health Educator...policy work has become a forefront of my duties.

As a result of the GAP local policy, I was able to produce a commercial that promotes the tobacco-free park. When the opportunity came to me...I instantly had a concept and the perfect "actresses" in mind (THANKS AGAIN Leah and Casey! You guys were great!!!). I needed real Moms and real kids appreciating the tobacco-free place to play. Below are photos from the shoot. David Essary taped the commercial and is in the process of editing it. Watch for it on our local cable station soon!
Gannon playing around at the beautiful park.
The production in progress.
The actresses!
Splish and Splash made an appearance.
Precious little Audrey.