Happy Birthday Gannon Ray!!!!!

April 11, 2010
You’d think that after FIVE of these birthdays, it would begin to sink in that my oldest child is growing up right before my eyes. How is it that I am still stunned?? A little dismayed even! This moment reminds me of that line in “Where the wild things are” when the monsters say to Max as he sails away back home: “Oh please don’t go! We’ll eat you up, we love you so!” I just want to gobble my son and keep him this happy-go-lucky age forever.
Grow-up he must. He is so smart and capable of great kindness & great protest (especially at Toys-R-Us).


Happy 5th Birthday Gannon Ray!
*Best jedi in the world!*
*Thank you for coloring our days…we would be so bored without you*
*Every time you say your heartfelt prayer each evening so sweetly,

I love you more.*
*You love your sister.*

*There's not a board game or puzzle you won't tackle.*

*You will create a sword or gun out of any available material.*
*We adore your big shark eyes and sarcastic sense of humor.*


Most of all on this birthday, I remember becoming a mother. It has been a joyous experience for the past five years. The best experience of my life is motherhood. Thank you Gannon for starting me out on this journey so nicely.


With all of my love,
Mommy