Swimming Lessons

June 16, 2008
Today was Gannon's first day of swimming lessons. I signed him up through his school to take semi-private lessons - only three 3-year old's per class. And knowing that the class was being taught by Miss Nikki was a no brain-er for me because Gannon loves Miss Nikki. And to top it off...Gannon had class with his best buddy, Mr. Chase!

I must admit that Gannon was pretty apprehensive of the water at his first lesson, which is totally opposite of his attitude when he's in his own pool with his Daddy (think run and jump or cannon ball). I'm very proud to say that although his facial expressions were those of MAJOR concern - Gannon didn't cry once. I could tell that my baby was growing up and I was so impressed to witness him push himself to be brave and perform, even though I could tell he was a bit frightened. Way to go G!

He pulled through his first lesson very well. He blew bubbles, puppy paddled, got safe, scutched, rocket shipped, and fetched rings all in one half-hour. He remained brave the entire time.

I was amazed at his attitude about swimming this time around. I signed us up for the Mommy and Me swim lessons through the Parks and Recreation Department two years ago and he had a blast. Today, was the first time that he has been in the water without his Mommy and Daddy, and the first time he was expected to swim on his own - I'm excited to watch him learn to swim...I think he'll do great!