Sierra Health Foundation Health Leadership Program

April 4, 2008

Today was the "semi" conclusion to one of the most remarkable journeys I have taken in my professional and personal life - the graduation from the Sierra Health Foundation's Health Leadership Program. The competitive program began for me in October 2007 where I was surrounded only by 25 other Northern California leaders (all of whom were complete strangers at the time) at a campground called Grizzly Creek in Portola. At the end of the week-long camp I felt enlightened and engaged in my purpose and back in touch with my personal core values.

It has been a long and emotional road through this program...I was blessed to learn from the best - most of the presenters were staff at USC. One of my favorite presenters was Dave Logan...read his remarkable book, "Tribal Leadership" if you get a chance. Another one of the best is Rich Callahan (below is a photo of Rich presenting me with my certificate of achievement). Rich is an amazing man that helped me to un-learn the process of moving on without first stopping to reflect on what has happened, absorb it, breathe it and learn from it before acting on it - thank you Rich! A little side note: Rich has also started giving my husband Rich some fabulous insight to his world of talents because Rich C. is a world-renowned Judo fighter and is giving my Rich many helpful drills he is using in the cage.

Overall - this leadership program gave me so much...new friends, a strong network, a stronger sense of myself, and an intense spirit toward my noble cause in the world! Thank you SHF and USC for making the investment in me!!! And to Class VI - I love each and every one of you and I look forward to upcoming alumni retreats!