Molokini, Turtle Town and a Luau!

May 9, 2008
We woke up very early this morning to head to the harbor to board a snorkel tour to Molokini and Turtle Town. Molokini is a partially sunken volcanic crater just 2.5 miles from Maui and is a wonderful place to snorkel because there is tons of marine life that live there. Gannon had a wonderful time and never got sea sick...which is something that neither me or my Mom can say. I should have known better because I always get sea sick and did not remember to take Bonine. I was doing fine on the boat ride and in Molokini, but as soon as I was in the water at Turtle Town - I was doomed! Throwing up in the water (I know, gross), just like I did in Monterey when I was getting certified to dive seven years ago. No matter how sick I was though - nothing could ruin the beautiful morning!

I was so proud of Gannon. He tried to get in the water with his Daddy and I - and successfully did for a few seconds, but then got a little frightened and went back on the boat with his Grandma. The waves were very big due to high winds (hence why I got so sick) and that is the reason he became unsure about being in the middle of the ocean. Good job Buddy!!! You're very brave.





After we "landed" and recovered and rested...we went to Becky and Dean's rehearsal dinner - a luau rehearsal dinner and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! Not only was it wonderful to spend the evening among friends and family, the luau entertainment was too much fun.

I couldn't believe it when the luau host asked, "who would like to come on the stage to learn how to hula?" and Gannon yelled, "ME!" He dragged me up on stage with him. I was so proud of Gannon - he did a great job at his first hula lesson. Photos of him on stage below.Richard, Gannon and I at sunset...I love this photo of us!

Gannon really liked climbing in and out of canoes during the entire trip to Maui...canoes were everywhere because the week we were vacationing in Maui was also the International Festival of Canoes celebration.

A photo of Kathy and Steve at the Luau.
The soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Dean Scott.
My Mom and Dad.

I think Gannon fell a little in love with these beautiful dancers...and they loved him right back!